skip to main content


Preparing the foundation for each student to build tomorrow’s world.

Student Registration

How to Register a New Student to YCUSD Schools
  1. Visit Aeries new student portal link
  2. Click here for Boundary Maps. If you have further questions regarding which school your kindergartner should be registered at, feel free to contact the YCUSD Student Engagement Office at (530) 822-7641
  3. Age-Eligible Children: Districts must admit children at the beginning of the school year (or whenever they move into a district) if they will be five years of age on or before September 1. (EC Section 48000[a]).  For more information visit:
In order to register in YCUSD, you will need to bring the following items to the identified school of boundary to complete the registration process:
  1. Proof of Online Confirmation 
  2. Proof of Child's Age
  3. Immunization Record
  4. Address Verification
Updated registration forms must be completed every year, for every YCUSD student. EMERGENCY CONTACTS AND CURRENT NUMBERS ARE VITAL! It is essential to the safety and well-being of our students that we be notified of any changes to the information included the registration forms, including change of address and change of phone numbers. We rely on this information to be accurate in the event of an emergency. 
We will only release children to parents, guardians, or approved people listed as contacts on the registration form. 

Known Food Allergies 
In order to accommodate dietary modifications in the breakfast and lunch program at school, a physician's written authorization needs to be submitted to the Health Office at school and to the Food Services Director. 

Student Accident Insurance 
The School District insurance does not cover school accidents or injuries to your child. An insurance form is provided the first day of school for parents to apply and pay for private insurance.
Physical exam 
California Law requires that all children have a physical before entering first grade. The exam can be done anytime 18 months before or 90 days after entry into first grade. A completed first-grade physical form must be on file at the school. 

California Law requires that all students entering a school in California present proof of immunization prior to admittance.  Students registering without, or incomplete, immunization records will not be allowed to begin school until the required immunization records have been supplied.
Required Immunizations include: 5 DTaP shots, 4 Polio, 3 Hep B, 2 MMR*, 1 Varicella*
(*Must be after their first birthday)

Be aware! 2 Hepatitis A vaccinations are now recommended for all children beginning at the age of one year, but not required for school entry. 

All incoming 7th-12th graders are required to get a whooping cough booster shot, called Tdap, before starting the 7th grade school year. Students who have not received this booster shot prior to the beginning of the school year will not be allowed to start school. 

For more information regarding immunizations, please contact the Sutter County Immunization Project, Sutter County Public Health, 1445 Veterans Memorial Circle, Yuba City, (530) 822-7215.

If you need the school staff to administer medicine to your student, the following conditions must be met: 
1. An Administration of Medication Form must be submitted detailing the type of medicine, the amount to be administered, when it is to be administered, and for how long, with the physician's signature (this form can be picked up at the office). 
2. The medicine must be given to the office personnel for security in the original prescription bottle. 
3. Complete records are to be kept regarding the administration of any medicine by the office staff. 
4. We cannot, under any circumstances administer any over-the-counter drugs, such as aspirin, to any of our students without a completed Administration of Medication form and parent consent. 
Further information regarding medical records or medicine may be obtained by contacting your local school health office or the YCUSD office.