Please support and fully participate in the energy conservation program.
- Turn off, unplug or set back energy-using items.
- Unplug all electrical devices
Devices: hole punchers, staplers, pencil sharpeners, cell phone
chargers, stereos, boom boxes, paper shredders, computer speakers, iPod
chargers, video camera and battery charger, night light, and plug-in
fragrance warmers, and water coolers.
off programmable thermostats. I will return during the break to ensure
that the building temperatures are comfortable for your return.
- Close all blinds and/ or curtains.
- Turn off classroom lights and outside porch lights.
Additional information for summer shutdown:
to the YCUSD computer network will be shut down starting 1 week after
school and will be back up 1 week before school starts (with the
exception of summer school sites and those in offices who work during
- Clean out and unplug all refrigerators. This includes science and medical refrigerators.
- Take home all personal appliances such as refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, toaster ovens, etc…
- Take home all classroom pets there will be no HVAC and in most areas no power.
If you have any questions or Energy Saving tips please contact the Energy Department at